The Leadership Council
Fort Collins Shambhala Meditation Center’s Leadership Council
The Fort Collins Shambhala Meditation Center (FCSMC) is very pleased to announce the appointment of its new Executive Director, Greth Patterson, as of November 2013. In her role, Ms. Patterson will provide leadership to the rest of the members of the Fort Collins Leadership Council.
The Executive Director integrates the work of the Three Pillars, provides leadership to the teams, and oversees the work of the center.
The Pillar of Governance:
- Greth Patterson - Executive Director
- Ann Reichhardt – Assistant Director
- Diane Westervelt - Finance Director
- Mark Wagner - Societal Health and Well-Being Director
- Gailmarie Kimmel - Membership Coordinator
- Darlene Velder - Council Secretary
- - Culture and Decorum Representative
The Pillar of Practice & Education:
- Graciela Marin – Director of Practice & Education
- Sybil Gaylord – Practice and Education Assistant - Shrine Room Coordinator
- Lida Anne Elliott* - Meditation Instructor Coordinator (* not on council)
The Pillar of Protection:
- Keith Ela - Dorje Kasung Representative, Facilities Team Leader
The Leadership Structure of FCSMC
The Fort Collins Shambhala Meditation Center uses a leadership structure called the Three Pillars Model. The three pillars are Governance, headed by the executive director, Practice and Education, headed by the director of Practice and Education, and Protection, headed by the Dorje Kasung Representative.
Members of the Pillars of Governance, Practice and Education, and Protection comprise the FCSMC Leadership Council, which is responsible for the overall vision and policy our center, and its connection to the center of the mandala.
In addition, there is an Operations Team that manages the day-to-day activities of FCSMC. It includes the all of the positions described above, and others as needed to effectively manage the work of the center.
- Webmaster and Database Administrator – John Reichhardt
- Publicity and Outreach: Katya Stewart-Sweeney
- Maintenance and Grounds: Bryan Whitaker, Peter Passman
- Audio-Visual & Computer: Keith Ela
- Shrine Master: Steve Schramm
- Kitchen Master: Sybil Gaylord